Location: Amsterdam, NY
Our client is currently seeking a self-motivated Maintenance Technician to join their team. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for conducting machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance service. This is a full-time, permanent position with hours from 6 pm – 6 am.
- Responsible for daily checks of the maintenance schedule for preventive maintenance or production changeovers, monitoring all department machinery and troubleshooting and repairing equipment breakdowns.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and providing immediate preventative and corrective maintenance support to equipment.
- Pinpoint source of problem by observing mechanical equipment in operation and utilizing accurate measuring and testing instruments.
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Rebuild and fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain clean and safe work area by complying with company’s policies and procedures.
- Generate part requests to ensure adequate inventory.
- Complete work orders as assigned.
- Perform equipment change overs and production line set ups.
- High school diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Basic understanding of maintenance processes, industrial safety applications and terminology including but not limited to use of hand and power tools.
- Experience with trouble shooting and maintaining hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems.
- Must have experience with reading and interpreting electrical drawings and blue prints.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds without reasonable assistance.
- Proven ability to work well with others and with little or no supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail, decision making and communication skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.