Location: Bennington, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Materials Manager. The Materials Manager is responsible for directing the purchasing team, and overseeing production and material planning. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Oversee and direct all purchasing initiatives, including scheduling, planning, and shipping.
- Ensure all objectives are met through purchasing in terms of cost, quality, and inventory.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best possible cost.
- Manage the purchasing team, and provide leadership
- Develop, implement, and prepare strategies to improve the supply chain system for overall productivity.
- Strive to continuously improve customer service throughout every facet of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering is required; Master’s Degree is Preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in materials scheduling, planning, and supply chain management in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MRP systems.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing is needed.
- Must have strong leadership and team building skills.
- CPM or comparable credentials ideal.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.