Location: Bennington, VT
Our client is currently seeking a Materials Manager. The Materials Manager is responsible for overseeing production and material planning, managing the purchasing team, and directing all continuous improvement initiatives. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Oversee and direct all production initiatives, including scheduling, planning, and shipping.
- Provide leadership to the purchasing and supply chain teams.
- Develop, implement, and prepare strategies to improve the supply chain system for overall productivity.
- Ensure all objectives are met through purchasing in terms of cost, quality, and inventory when negotiating with suppliers.
- Strive to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering is required, preferably Chemical Engineering.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in materials scheduling, planning, and supply chain management in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MRP systems.
- Experience in lean manufacturing and batch processing is needed.
- Must have strong leadership and team building skills, and be comfortable acting as a mentor.
- Experience managing direct and indirect reports is required.
- CPM or comparable credentials ideal.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.