Location: Latham, NY
Our client is seeking a Matrimonial Paralegal who will work with clients, perform legal research, prepare for trial, run the docket, and draft legal documents. The Paralegal should be proficient in MS Excel for preparing debt and asset lists and child support worksheets. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Prepare and draft motions, pleadings, and other correspondence such as debt and asset lists, witness affidavits, and child support worksheets.
- Perform legal research.
- Maintain attorney calendars and case files.
- Schedule appointments, court appearances, and hearings.
- Communicate with the client and attorney to conduct interviews.
- Assist in trial settings.
- Analyze and prepare disclosure statements and production requests.
- 3+ years of New York State Matrimonial & Family Law paralegal experience.
- BS or BA degree or work experience equivalent is required.
- Paralegal Certificate is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.