Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Medical Billing A/R Specialist. The Medical Billing A/R Specialist will be responsible for communicates with patients, third party payors, family members, medical staff and other hospital departments on the status of denied claims in order to manage accounts receivable. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Follow up on all outstanding accounts receivable.
- Prepare and submit provider inquiries and corrected claims to carriers for payment.
- Gather and forward carrier information for additional information necessary for claims payment.
- Answer phones and provide customer service.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of work.
- Compile, review and submit patient statements.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- 2 years of experience in a medical billing environment is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.