Location: Johnstown, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Nurse Manager. The Nurse Manager will be responsible for providing guidance and leadership to the nursing team, and ensure that the environment is conducive to learning and development. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Provide effective leadership and operational management ensuring high standards of care for all patients.
- Create a dynamic environment that is conducive to learning, practice development and research within a framework of quality assurance.
- Delegate budgetary control and to maintain and improve services by controlling and monitoring the costs.
- Implement audit, quality, and risk management initiatives; and monitor local and national policies and quality care indicators.
- Responsible and accountable for the management and safe storage of medicines, for cleanliness and for implementing infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure all employees work within a professional code of conduct.
- To act as an effective role model in demonstrating the excellent interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism expected from all the staff.
- Must have a current RN license in the state of New York.
- 2+ years of work experience in a hospice, home-care, or long-term care environment is required.
- Management experience is highly preferred.
- Strong computer, phone, and organizational skills required.
- Valid New York driver’s license is required for transportation.
- Must be able to manage audits and LPN charts required.
- Any further hospice and/or nursing certifications are a plus.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.