Location: Cape Cod, MA
Our client is currently seeking a Nursing Director to oversee the operations of their Nursing Department. The Nursing Director will be responsible for developing and directing the department’s overall functions. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Assure compliance with the rules and regulations created for the governance of long-term care facilities meeting local, state, and federal standards.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures regarding day-to-day functions of the nursing department.
- Create and implement an organizational structure for the nursing department and their offered services.
- Coordinate services interdepartmentally.
- Create procedural plans for specific programs and services provided by the nursing department.
- Complete medical forms, reports, evaluations, charts, etc. as needed.
- Assist the Administration and Personnel Director with the recruitment and selection of personnel.
- Ensure the high quality of staff performance through scheduling, performance evaluations, and reviews.
- Oversee resident admission to the facility through the interviewing and selection of potential residents.
- Make daily rounds with physicians and provide direct nursing care as needed.
- Oversee orientation and training programs for new and existing employees.
- Assist the staff in professional development through the provision of programs that meet continuing education requirements.
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of the budget for the Nursing Department.
- Nursing Degree is required.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience working in long-term care, or at a rehabilitation facility is needed.
- 6 months of training experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing is also required.
- Must have an RN license to practice in MA.
- Knowledge of nursing practices, procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines regarding long-term care is needed.
- Must be able to work with the ill, elderly, disabled, and emotionally unstable or hostile hospital residents.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.