Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Procurement Category Manager. The Procurement Category Manager will be responsible for leading overall procurement strategies and managing vendor relationships. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Lead the planning and implementation of procurement strategies.
- Manage all vendors and supplier relationships.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to make key procurement decisions.
- Oversee the direction and documentation of all cost saving, risk reducing, and efficiency initiatives.
- Coordinate with procurement teams to effectively measure the effectiveness of initiatives.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and suppliers, and see that they are carried out.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or another relevant field is required.
- 7+ years of direct experience in strategic sourcing and procurement planning is required.
- Excellent management and leadership skills are required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sourcing experience in laboratory and/or chemicals is highly preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.