Location: Amsterdam, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Hospice RN. The Hospice RN will be responsible for implementing nursing plans for individual patients and conducting comprehensive physical assessments in their homes.
This is a full-time, permanent position with shifts every other weekend from Friday 4:30 pm – Monday 8:00 am and one scheduled night during the week 4:30 pm – 8:00 am. While you may not be needed the full time of your assigned shift, you are expected to be available during your assigned shift hours.
- Visit patients to administer comprehensive physical assessments and check symptoms.
- Communicate with patients and their family to educate them on their plan of care, and how they can properly care for themselves.
- Document assessments and any communication with the patient and their family.
- Work with patients and their family to determine what their needs are and ensure that they are met.
- Act in a professional and interpersonal manner with patients and their family.
- Coordinate with physicians to keep them up to date on the status and condition of patients.
- Work with the necessary community providers regarding patient care.
- Supervise and counsel the home health care staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have a Nursing Degree from an accredited school and be registered to practice in NY State.
- 2+ years of previous experience working as an RN administering clinical and direct patient care.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be compassionate and willing to work with families and patients going through tough times.
- Valid NY State Driver’s License is required.
- Must be within Fulton County lines during shift hours.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.