Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Network Administrator, reporting to the Director of Information Systems. The Senior Network Administrator will be responsible for maintaining all network software and hardware. Must be proficient working in a Cisco environment. National travel is required during the training period. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Oversee all computer software, hardware, and applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting and solving any problems that may arise.
- Update and maintain all security measures.
- Manage who has access to the network.
- Carry out tests of the hardware and software to ensure they are performing appropriately.
- Determine when equipment needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Provide tech support when needed.
- Oversee all start up and shut down cycles.
- Available on call in the event that the system goes down.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is required.
- 5 years of experience in network management is required.
- Travel is required, must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be heavily versed in:
- Cisco routers and switches.
- Microsoft SQL Server & Windows Servers.
- Microsoft Networks Systems certifications are a plus (MCSA, MCSE).
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.