Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join their team. This is a full-time, temp to perm position.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Configures, deploys, and operates network infrastructure.
- Provide system and product training to lower level network staff.
- Executes standard operating procedures.
- Work with Network Architects and Engineers to refine, test, and update network templates
- Monitor, detect, and execute problem isolation and resolution throughout the network infrastructure. Supports root-cause analysis of network related problems.
- Utilize monitoring, mapping and alerting software to perform network management duties.
- Supports the research and evaluation of new network topologies, infrastructures and configuration.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent and 5 years of related experience is required.
- CCNP is required.
- Must have experience with routing, vendors, WAN, LAN, and network management.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.