Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant. The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for preparing income tax returns and assisting with other related reporting and filing. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Prepare working papers to be used when drafting financial statements.
- Interact with clients to stay up to date one the status of documents.
- Prepare state and federal income tax returns.
- Mentor other employees within the tax department, and review their work papers.
- Keep records of the tax positions of clients.
- Coordinate the timeline of all deliverables due to clients.
- Develop a team plan working with the Tax Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 3+ years of experience in tax accounting is needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Must be highly organized with an attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.