Location: Johnstown, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Social Worker. The Social Worker will be responsible for providing social support and counseling services to patients and their families. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Take time to work with the family and patient to understand their psychological needs.
- Provide support to patients and families dealing with terminal illness.
- Counsel families and patients throughout the process.
- Assist with all social and economic needs, and help the family utilize available resources.
- Act as a liaison to relevant community and social agencies.
- Document the care plan throughout its implementation, and track progress.
- Home Care Team will require local travel.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work is required, from a Graduate School accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- 2+ years of previous work experience of social work in the healthcare industry is required, preferably in a hospice, home-care, or nursing home environment.
- LMSW required.
- Must be licensed to practice social work in NY State.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be compassionate and willing to work with families and patients going through tough times.
- Valid NY State Driver’s License is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.