Location: Salem, MA
Our client is currently seeking a Staff Development Coordinator. The Staff Development Coordinator will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, documenting, and evaluating all training and educational programs to assure nursing competencies. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Plan and schedule mandated monthly in-services per facility needs or interests, providing qualified and appropriate trainers.
- Coordinate will department heads to ensure mandated employee attendance and completion in a timely manner.
- Complete required in-services, training, and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Adhere to OSHA and facility safety policies and guidelines.
- Conduct new employee orientation and coordinates competency completion.
- Assess and monitor training outcomes in the workplace.
- Provide annual competency testing for nursing staff.
- Maintain employee education and training files, including monitoring current licensure and certifications of facility staff.
- Ensure continuous education for staff according to state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Act as a staff educational resource to staff in regards to educational and training needs, encouraging and influencing staff to take advantage of educational programs.
- Uphold and understand employees’ rights in accordance with HIPAA.
- Maintain professional appearance in mannerisms.
- Create and promote positive employee relations and effective communication.
- Observe and uphold the Residents’ Bill of Rights, ensuring that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
- LPN license is required, RN strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Long Term care is preferred.
- 2+ years of nursing management experience is preferred.
- Hospital or surgical experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations is required.
- Possess and maintain current CPR certification is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures for Long Term care is required.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.