Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Supervising Casualty Actuary. The Supervising Casualty Actuary will be responsible for providing high level actuarial and mathematical analysis. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Coordinate with senior management and underwriters to develop new actuarial rates and pricing recommendations.
- Review and analyze internal rate-levels, and analyze the impact of industry loss cost filings.
- Monitor large account pricing models and estimate pricing parameters.
- Identify trends by performing segment profitability analysis.
- Analyze all newly proposed products and provide advisement to management.
- Assist business partners with mathematical and actuarial techniques.
- Represent the organization at actuarial committees.
- Testify before the Worker’s Compensation Board when needed.
- Manage the staff for the actuarial department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance is required.
- 5 years of experience working as an actuary is required.
- Must have completed 5 exams from the Casualty Actuarial Society.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.