Location: Latham, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Survey Technician who will obtain field data through global positioning or geographical information systems and report to supervising surveyors and other mapmaking professionals. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Assist project surveyor in collecting appropriate data to conduct.
- Set up, adjust and operate surveying instruments at surveying job sites.
- Measure, calculate and record data based on readings.
- Conduct and compare surveys.
- Manage and operate land-information computer systems.
- Supervise work of other members of surveying parties.
- An Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required.
- 2+ years of surveying experience is a must.
- Understanding of GPS and Robotic Total Stations is necessary.
- AutoCAD CIVIL3D experience required.
- Must have a Valid NYS Driver’s license.
- Must be able to work in a team setting as well as individually.
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable in an office environment.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.