Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Estimator. The Senior Estimator will be responsible for overseeing the coordination of all estimations made for bridge and highway construction bid proposals. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Oversee all employees in the estimating department including training, professional development, and performance evaluation.
- Ensure all estimations are made on time and with as much accuracy as is possible given the project specifications.
- Evaluate the viability of all new projects based on resources and scheduling.
- Analyze new plans and determine the resources required for new projects.
- Draft up extensive bid proposals that include materials, labor, and timelines.
- Develop the budgets for all new projects.
- Coordinate with the entire team to ensure the full scope of new projects is understood.
- Visit project sites as needed to evaluate progress and methods.
- Oversee company data and reference historical records from bids and estimations for reference.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering required.
- 2+ years working in construction estimation required.
- Excellent leadership and management skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and scheduling software is needed.
- Must be able to work between multiple projects, and see that all meet their individual deadlines.
- Strong background in bridge and highway construction projects is needed.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.