Location: Amsterdam, NY
Our client is currently seeking a self-motivated Maintenance Mechanic to join their team. The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance service. This is a full-time, permanent position, and overtime is required.
- Responsible for daily checks of the maintenance schedule for preventive maintenance or production changeovers, monitoring all department machinery and troubleshooting and repairing equipment breakdowns.
- Pinpoint source of problem by observing mechanical equipment in operation and utilizing accurate measuring and testing instruments.
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, supplies, and inventory.
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain clean and safe work area.
- Generate part requests to ensure adequate inventory.
- Complete work orders as assigned.
- High school diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting is required.
- Basic understanding of maintenance processes, industrial safety applications and terminology including but not limited to use of hand and power tools is a must.
- Experience with troubleshooting and maintaining hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems, electrical drawings and blue prints is a plus!
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds is required.
- Proven ability to work well with others and with little or no supervision.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.