Location: Albany, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Logistics Operations Manager to maintain dispatch operations and schedule jobs. The Logistics Operations Manager will be responsible for the coordination and delegation of all assignments, employees, equipment, and services in a timely manner. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Monitor and maintain a log of all equipment and personnel.
- Monitor activities and ensure related regulations, policies and procedural guidelines are followed.
- Process and transmit information, instructions, and permits.
- Prepare daily dispatch reports and schedule and forward as appropriately.
- Dispatch operators and drivers on a daily basis to perform jobs and respond to their calls.
- Generate invoices, delivery tickets, and relating shipping documents.
- Assign drivers and coordinate activities for scheduled deliveries.
- Act as a liaison between customers, operators, and operations.
- Maintain awareness of changing weather conditions affecting crews and suspends activities if necessary.
- Create appropriate maps and direction charts to follow all permit laws.
- An Associate’s degree & at least 5 years of related experience is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
- Must be able to operate and maintain office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Very organized with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Time management and analytical skills are a must.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations is a must.
If you are qualified for this position, please apply using our secure online form.